Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon, Almonds, Cranberries & Feta
|November 26, 2014||Posted by Sarah under Recipes|
The other night I was looking for a way to make the brussels sprouts I had into more of a “meal.” Honestly I hadn’t gone shopping in a while so I was working with what I had leftover in the fridge. I was having a craving for my favorite roasted brussels sprouts with bacon, but it needed something. Then I found I had these:
Dried cranberries, almonds and feta cheese. The perfect salty-sweet-crunchy combo! The awesome thing about this recipe…it’s the PERFECT compliment to all of those holiday meals coming up!
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon, diced
- 20-30 brussels sprouts, halved or quartered
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Dice the bacon and cook in a small pan over medium heat for around 10 minutes until lightly browned but not cooked fully.
- Depending on the size, half or quarter the brussels sprouts and place on a sheet pan with fresh ground black pepper.
- Pour bacon along with the bacon fat over the brussels sprouts and toss to combine.
- Roast in the oven for 25 minutes or until browned.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and toss with almonds, cranberries and feta.