Oh hi there! Welcome to RAD Living!
RAD Living is where I share my journey to find a balance in life through food, fitness and fun. I strongly believe that if you work hard, you should play hard. Life is short and I want to enjoy everything that it has to offer!
I started my path to healthy living in the fall of 2011 while training for my first half marathon, the 2012 Disney Princess Half Marathon. While training for the race, I started Running at Disney to document this new challenge I was taking on and to hold myself accountable. A fire was sparked in me to keep challenging myself and as they say, the rest is history!
So here are some facts about me…
- I’m an only child and yes I have sharing issues
- I’m married to my best friend who makes me laugh everyday…I’m insanely lucky
- So far, I’ve run 6 half marathons, 1 full marathon and numerous other races, yet I really don’t enjoy running
- I like to lift things up and put them down, which also translates to: I’m a CrossFit addict
- I love food…no, I really LOVE food
- My weakness is a Grey Goose martini up with a twist, very dry…tasty business
- I have two amazing cats who you will get to know very well if you continue to read this blog
- I think a good belly laugh can cure anything
- I was diagnosed over 10 years ago with Ulcerative Colitis, but I won’t let it control my life
- I curse like a sailor
- I’m a strong supporter of local farms and businesses…GO LOCAL!
- I don’t sugar coat things, so expect the truth…and nothing but he truth!
- I currently live in Connecticut, but I will always be a Jersey girl at heart
- Oh and I like lists…obviously
I feel like I’m just beginning this healthy living journey and I am beyond excited to explore new sights, sounds, tastes and sore muscles! However, I’m far from perfect and sometimes I skip a work out, eat bad (but oh so tasty) food and enjoy a cocktail or two. I hope to be inspired, motivate others and have a TON of belly laughs along the way. That’s what RAD Living is all about!
Thanks for stopping by and remember to always BE RAD!