Posts Tagged by cauliflower
|July 15, 2013||Posted by Sarah under Food, Recipes|
The recipe contains 6 ingredients: cauliflower, almond milk, chicken broth, butter, salt and pepper. That’s it!
I use almond milk because that’s what I have in the house and I like the flavor. You can certainly use any other liquid you have on hand (milk, soy milk, etc…) or stick with just chicken broth for a lighter puree. You can also omit the butter, but I think that it adds an extra creaminess to the puree that makes it more like mashed potatoes.
This is my go-to side dish lately and it’s the perfect pairing for any protein! My favorites are a nice grilled steak or some seared scallops!
Hope you enjoy! Let me know how it turns out 🙂
- 1 head of cauliflower (4 cups)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp grass-fed butter
- Salt & pepper
- 1. Add about 1 inch water to a pot large enough to hold a metal steamer and bring to a boil.
- 2. Cut cauliflower into florets.
- 3. Add cauliflower florets to the steamer, cover pots and reduce heat to a medium-low. Steam for 20 - 25 minutes.
- 4. Once cauliflower is fork tender, transfer to a food processor.
- 5. Add almond milk and broth to food processor and pulse until smooth.
- 6. Add butter to mixture and pulse until creamy.
- 7. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- 8. EAT!
- The amount of liquid will vary depending on how much cauliflower you use. Start will less and add as needed until the mixture gets to a smooth consistency.